Wednesday, July 14, 2021

ISS SSTV - ARISS 20 years of operations on ISS December 24-31, 2020

    After a long gap of Ham activity due to busy life, Finally the world wide lockdown brought a short throwback to my hobby activities. That was the time when is saw a tweet about a special SSTV event which was being celebrated  on the occasion of 20th anniversary of ARISS operations on the ISS. The event was scheduled from December 24 through December 31. 

There we go...!!!

    Assembled a QFH antenna on my roof and connected it to my UV5R Radio. Those who are interested can find the detailed procedure to decode SSTV signals from here. And here is the details for building interface for UV5R to connect with PC Audio input. After monitoring multiple passes got some good SSTV images. Interesting thing was the there were multiple Ham communities around globe which were issuing Diploma certificates while submitting set of quality images.

    Managed to receive some quality images from ISS with my QFH Antenna, which I built to receive WX satellite (NOAA)  images. Will post about my QFH same shortly.      


           Thanks to all Ham Radio communities around globe for encouraging such events by providing participant Diploma Certificates. After submitting my received SSTV images in multiple forums I finally received few of my first SSTV Diploma certificates.








No comments:

Post a Comment